Thank you for helping us raise over $100,000 at this year’s event! We couldn’t do this work without you.
Power of the Prosecutor
Town Hall Seattle
1119 8th Ave
Join Washington Innocence Project for a community discussion about the role and importance of prosecutors in the criminal justice system. This event will include a series of speakers who will also participate in a Q&A panel of pre-received questions.
WashIP is working with several other community organizations that are deeply vested in the impact of the prosecutor in their communities. Some of these organizations include: The Federal Way Black Collective, Civil Survival Project, Witness to Innocence, Choose 180, The If Project, and ACLU of Washington.
- Michelle Mbekeani, Senior Legal & Policy Advisor for Justice Reform, Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Felicia Hudson, Program Coordinator, Federal Way Black Collective
- Representative Tarra Simmons, Executive Director, Civil Survival Project
- Stephan Thomas, Former Prosecutor
- Anita Khandelwal, Director, King County Department of Public Defense
- Jeffery Robinson, CEO and Founder, The Who We Are Project
- Sean Goode, Executive Director, CHOOSE 180
When you register for the event, we urge you to submit questions that you might have, so they can be incorporated into the panel.
Space is limited, but the event will also be live streamed. Registration is only necessary if you are attending in person. If you are planning to view livestream or want to send questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wrongful Conviction Day Screening