We’re excited to announce that the Stand for Innocence 2023 will be held at Showbox at the Market on Thursday, April 27. Hope to see you there!
Power of the Prosecutor
On May 31, 2022 Washington Innocence Project hosted a community discussion about the role and importance of prosecutors in the criminal justice system.
WashIP is working with several other community organizations that are deeply vested in the impact of the prosecutor in their communities. Some of these organizations include: The Federal Way Black Collective, Civil Survival Project, Witness to Innocence, Choose 180, The If Project, and ACLU of Washington.
Watch the recording below.
- Michelle Mbekeani, Senior Legal & Policy Advisor for Justice Reform, Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Felicia Hudson, Program Coordinator, Federal Way Black Collective
- Representative Tarra Simmons, Executive Director, Civil Survival Project
- Stephan Thomas, Former Prosecutor
- Anita Khandelwal, Director, King County Department of Public Defense
- Jeffery Robinson, CEO and Founder, The Who We Are Project
- Sean Goode, Executive Director, CHOOSE 180
Wrongful Conviction Day Screening
October 2, 2022